A blog about technology, trends and learning

How to embed slideshows on a WordPress Blog

November 25, 2012 · No Comments · Blogging

A few teachers have asked me how to get dynamic photo slideshows on their blog. So I thought I would share a couple of options. Right now, most of you know how to insert photos directly into your blog post. However, if you have more than a couple of photos, this gets a bit clunky. Here’s a sample slide show of what you can post in your blog:

1. One option (as seen above) is to upload your photos to Picassa (owned by Google) and as long as you are signed into your Google Docs account, you can easily do this. Make sure you don’t use the Picassa desktop version to do this though! Personally, I am not a big fan, this application is awkward and automatically goes through every single image on your machine and tries to upload them! Instead, go to your Google docs/mail and look at the top menu. Go over until you see the “more” menu and click on the little arrow. Scroll down until you see photo and click on this (see screenshot)

2. Once you do this, you will be directed towards Picassa’s online photo site. Click upload and name your album. Now drag and drop your photos from iPhoto or find them on your computer.

3. Next, you need to change the privacy settings otherwise, no one will be able to see your wonderful slideshow. You can choose which one, but I like to choose, “limited-anyone with the link”

4. Finally, you need to get the slideshow embed code to paste in your blog. This is a simple copy and paste. 

5, Last but not least, go to a new blog post and click on the HTML button. Now paste that code you just copied above. Now publish your post and it should appear!

Tags:··

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.